Monday, March 21, 2011

Nineteen.Twenty.Twenty-One.



Three Oaks Cider Company Alcoholic Apple Cider; Sweet, Dry & Original

Australian; 5.3% Alcohol Content.

$3.50 (AUD) each; Leederville Liquor Store (Leederville, WA)

Since there are three varieties of this cider, I decided to review them all in one big chunk (and I will do the same for other ciders like Strongbow, Mercury, and The Cidery).

Sweet- As the name suggests, this cider is sweet; both in the initial and after taste. Thankfully, it is not a sickly sweetness that is overpowering, but maybe more tailored to someone who is used to drinking soft drinks, rather than cider/ beer.
Rating 7.9

Dry- I have come to realize that most "dry" ciders will be the ones that I prefer because they are always crisp and refreshing; this one is a little different however. Most of the dry ciders I have sampled do not have a particularly strong apple taste, but Three Oaks Dry leaves the drinker with a wonderful flavor in his mouth, almost as if one has just bitten into an apple (an apple filled with carbonation and alcohol, but an apple nonetheless).
Rating 8.7

Original- Not a bad cider, but not as good as the dry variety; with that said, it is less sweet than the sweet which makes it more of a winner in my book. I really don't have too much to say about the original, but it is a good solid cider and I would buy it again if others were not available.
Rating 8.1

No comments:

Post a Comment