Saturday, May 28, 2011

Hard Apple Ciders 31 and 32



Hunter's Gold; Hunter's Extra Dry

South African; 4.5% and 5.5% Alcohol Content Respectively.

$2.99 (AUD) Each; Thirsty Camel (Maddington, WA)

Hunter's Gold: I tried this one first, and I was not blown away, but also not disgusted. Hunter's Gold (HG) has a pretty solid taste, but is a bit on the sweet side; in fact, it almost has that synthetic/ processed/ sour-apple-skittle taste when it first hits your mouth and a bit of an unpleasant aftertaste. With all that said, it's not a bad cider, but probably not one I would go out of my way to buy. And by go out of my way, I mean reach that little bit higher or lower in the fridge.

Rating 7.3

Hunter's Extra Dry: Hunter's Extra Dry (HED) is in fact extra dry, although I am not quite sure of the difference between "dry" and "extra dry." At any rate, HED is an improvement on HG; as I have stated many time, I enjoy drier ciders, so if given a choice, I will always go dry because of the added crispness. Sadly, HED has the same flaw(s) as HG and that knocks it down a bit.

Rating 7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment