Friday, February 18, 2011

Fifteen Ciders!



Stassen Belgian Apple Cider

Belgian; 6% Alcohol Content.

$5.00 (AUD); Subi Liquor Store (Subiaco WA)

Even as I shared this cider with my wife, I was unable to really determine how I felt about it. It certainly was not a "bad' cider, but it did have somewhat of a bitter taste which I found disagreeable at times. Perhaps this cider is less processed than others which accounts for the taste (on the back label there is a picture of an apple that reads, "100% Juice," which leads me to believe that this cider uses 100% apple juice... no other ciders I have seen make that claim; is that because it is assumed or no other ciders do it? who knows? maybe apples in Belgium just taste more bitter than ones in Ireland or Australia?). It's definitely worth another taste (or a first taste if you have never had it) and would quite possibly be a completely different experience with food, but that could be said for all of my ciders.

Rating 8.0

No comments:

Post a Comment