Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Twelve



Kepplers Premium Apple Cider

Irish; 6% Alcohol Content.

$4.90 (AUD); Dan Murphy's (West Perth, WA)

Perhaps I too hastily judged Irish cider makers; John Kepplers Premium Apple Cider is definitely one of my early favorites. Drinking this brew took me back to my very first cider experience in the cold winter of 2008. That first cider, also in an aluminum can, was a life preserver that saved me from drowning in a sea of beer...proverbially of course. Maybe it really is that my first cider was from a can, but I think that the vessel complements the sharpness of the cider. The slightly metallic tinge that usually steers people away from drinking beer in cans if they have another option actually works well with a hard apple cider. Kepplers has a great apple taste and a pleasant finish, well carbonated, and just an all around great cider.

Rating 9.1

1 comment:

  1. is it a tallboy? if so it's pretty good value for money as well... might have to check it out...

    ReplyDelete