Monday, April 11, 2011

23-25; A Quarter of the Way Home!



Mercury; Draught, Dry, and Sweet

Australian; 5.2% Alcohol Content.

$2.99 (AUD) each; LiquorLand (Mandurah, WA)

Draught- The first words out of my mouth after taking a sip were, "Oh, that's good!" The draught range is my favorite of the three, but is probably a little sweeter than I would have expected considering that Mercury produces a sweet range. With that said, Cate interjected her two cents, "I guess the fact of the matter is that ciders are just sweet." I could not agree more, the sweetness of the draught is not a drawback, but something interesting to note.
Rating 8.4

Dry- Now, I am generally a fan of the drier ciders, especially when they are very crisp. The Mercury dry was certainly crisp, but almost too crisp; there was hardly any apple taste at all, almost no taste. Very odd.
Rating 7.4

Sweet- I drank the draught first, so I was expecting the sweet line to be overpoweringly sugary, yet it had a relatively standard taste; perhaps generic might be the better word. Certainly not a bad cider, but nothing to write home about either.
Rating 8.0

No comments:

Post a Comment