Monday, April 18, 2011

Cider Twenty Six



Savanna Dry Premium Cider

South African; 6% Alcohol Content.

$3.00, 6 for $18.00 (AUD); Beaufort Street Merchant (Highgate, WA)

In the process of trying many new ciders and sampling several old favorites it has become quite apparent that I like most hard apple ciders. There are clearly a few out there that I absolutely hate, but for the most part I am attempting to parse varying degrees of "good." With that said, Savanna Dry is a really nice cider. Not the best I have ever tasted, but a solid pick that is well above average. It is a true dry cider with only hints of sweetness; it is very crisp and well carbonated. Savanna Dry almost has a bit of the enjoyable sourness on which some other ciders seem to overdose. This is a good pick that I recommend; bonus points for having a unique bottle.

Rating 8.7

No comments:

Post a Comment