Monday, August 29, 2011

47.



Oliver's Herefordshire Dry Cider (Matured 8 Months in Oak Casks)

English; 8.1% Alcohol Content.

$9.99 (USD); The Wine & Cheese Place (Clayton, Missouri, USA)

Upon pouring this concoction to share with my family, I instantly had a bad feeling as there was no carbonation at all. Once the liquid hit my lips, my suspicions were confirmed. This cider is beyond scrumpy; in fact there’s almost no apple flavor at all… This cider is somewhere between a dry white wine and olive juice/ vinegar. I should have read the label before I drank it to prepare myself… “A very astringent intense tasting cider that lingers in the mouth." Correct me if I'm wrong but 'astringent' is not a word that I ever want to associate with anything I put in my mouth, let alone drink to supposedly enjoy. This was one of the worst cider experiences I have ever had.

Rating 5.4

No comments:

Post a Comment